Thursday, February 15, 2018

A tribute to my Cebu Bloggers Society family as they celebrate their 10th anniversary



It is the 10th anniversary of my Cebu Bloggers' Society Family! And the trusted organization of the best Cebu Bloggers will be celebrating it in style with a Gala Night at the Cebu Parklane International Hotel on March 3, 2018 with McDonald's Philippines as event partner. Can't believe it has been 10 years already.

Several years ago, I was watching this fun, dynamic group from afar through their website and I was immediately attracted to join them.

I was not a dialysis patient then and I knew nothing about blogging except for an early attempt at it on Friendster. And boy I learned a lot from this group regarding blogging and social media.

Members were not just my Facebook friends. They became family.

You might think they care only about their blog views or number of followers. But they do care. They care about the places they go to. They care about everything Cebu. They care about the people. No wonder Hearts Day is also CBS day.

I cannot forget this Christmas gift-giving we had at the Missionaries of the Poor way back. I served as Santa Claus and the rest were bringing cheer to the elderly and children housed in the facility. I cannot forget the smiles of everyone that day.

Events were we are invited to cover became moments for bonding.

Each event is a fun and educational experience.  I became a well-rounded person (not just literally).
Because of Cebu Bloggers Society, I became "techie" and this help me in keeping up with my young students. My networks expanded. It was not limited anymore to my line of work or profession.

I became proficient in using social media which proved to be useful later when I got sick.

Fast forward to the present. I am a hemodialysis patient trying to educate and inspire fellow dialysis patients using social media.  I am part of #HealthXPh and #DialysisPh . I add to the voice of many dialysis patients out there. I use blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Live and other social media tools for my advocacy.

Despite my condition, I remain upbeat, positive and active offline and online And Cebu Bloggers Society is a big part of why I am able to do what I do online.

I may not be able to attend many events as I use to. But in my heart, Cebu Bloggers Society remains to be a part of me.

Happy 10th Anniversary Cebu Bloggers Society!

-----------
The Cebu Bloggers Society 10th Anniversary Gala Night is co-presented by Cebu Parklane International Hotel, our official venue partner, AirAsia, our official airline partner, SkyWaterpark Cebu, our official waterpark partner, and Oppo, our official smartphone partner.

Have some cravings? You can now order your food and groceries online with https://www.honestbee.ph/en/. Just download the app and have them delivered at your doorstep.

Cebu Bloggers Society 10th Anniversary Gala Night Patron
We thank our patron sponsor, BigSEED PR and Events for introducing the Cebu Bloggers Society to their partner brands.

Gold Sponsors

Megaworld, the country's leading real estate developer and No. 1 business process and outsourcing (BPO) office developer and landlord in the Philippines PLDT Home, home’s most powerful broadband Ayala Center Cebu, the premier shopping, dining and entertainment destination in the South

Silver Sponsors

McDonald's

Bronze Sponsors

Starbucks Havaianas This event is powered by Smart. For more updates on the CBS 10th Anniversary Gala Night, check out our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram , using the official hashtag, #CBSat10.   #CBSForever #CBSat10

No comments:

Post a Comment