The awards recognizes those who excelled in the field of broadcast, print and digital media.
“We are very happy over the great interest and overwhelming response to our call for entries. It was really a challenge doing the shortlist as there are so many of them that are worthy as finalists. They are all deserving of an award,” said Globe Corporate Communications Head Yoly Crisanto.
The finalists will vie for the following award categories:
- Reporter of the Year for Print,
- Feature Story of the Year for Print,
- Columnist of the Year,
- Photojournalist of the Year,
- Reporter of the Year for Television,
- Feature Story of the Year for Television,
- Reporter of the Year for Radio,
- Blogger of the Year, and
- Social Media Advocate of the Year.
Yours truly made the final cut in the Blogger of the Year category for his entry, “Things one should know about dengue.”
The other finalists for Blogger of the Year are:
- Adrian Lino S. Arquiza, Eat's My Life – “The Ten People You'll Find in a Buffet”;
- Bjornson A. Bernales, Bjorn Cebuano Media – “7 Reasons why Cebu should be a Tech Hub”;
- Marlen D. Limpag, Cebu Business Guide –“School project becomes full-blown guyabano tea business”;
- Nancy R. Cudis, The Memoriter - formerly Simple Clockwork – “Getting to know our National Artists for Literature”;
- Vernon Joseph M. Go - Independent blogger – “Tree planting of People Development- Lessons Learned”;
Criteria for judging for Blogger of the year are as follows:
• Consistency of content on the advocacy (50%)
• Reader friendly presentation and design of content (20%)
• Social Impact (30%).